05 May 2012
NOTE: In April, we lost 20% (6 of 30 days) of metrics data during the switchover of the backend databases from sjc1 to scl3 data center. Despite missing 20% of the entire month’s data, we still recorded more jobs in April then entire November2011 or entire December2011.
- #checkins-per-month: April looks like a drop, with “only” 3,327 checkins, but this drop is under-reporting because of the 20% lost data. For comparison, previous records are: March2012 (4,508 checkins), February2012 (4,027 checkins), January2012 (3,962 checkins), December2011 (3,262 checkins), and November2011 (3,209 checkins).
- #checkins-per-day: We set three new records in April: 280 checkins per-day on 25-apr-2012, along with 278 checkins-per-day on 26-apr-2012, and 246 checkins-per-day on 24-apr-2012.
- #checkins-per-hour: We peaked at 7.1 checkins-per-hour, which is lower then usual, but to be expected given the lost 20% of data.
mozilla-inbound continues to be heavily used as an integration branch, with 22% of all checkins, by comparison with the fx-team branch (~2% of checkins) or mozilla-central (~4% of checkins).
- ~3% of our total monthly checkins landed into mozilla-aurora, consistent with previous months.
- ~1% of our total monthly checkins landed into mozilla-beta, consistent with previous months.
(Standard disclaimer: I’m always glad whenever we catch a problem *before* we ship a release; it avoids us having to do a chemspill release and also we ship better code to our Firefox users in the first place.)
misc other details: