- #checkins-per-month: We had 5,893 checkins in October2012. This is a new record, breaking the previous record in August of 5,803. Even more impressively, we handled this record load with >95% of all builds consistently being started within 15mins.
- #checkins-per-day: During October, 19-of-30 days had over 200 checkins-per-day.
- #checkins-per-hour: The peak across this month was 12.87 checkins per hour between 10-11am, a new record, closely followed by 12.35 checkins per hour between 1pm-2pm.
Ratios of checkins remain fairly consistent. mozilla-inbound continues to be heavily used as an integration branch, with 28.6% of all checkins, far more then the other integration branches fx-team (0.7% of checkins) or mozilla-central (2.5% of checkins). As usual, very few people land directly on mozilla-central – in fact more people go through approval process to land on mozilla-aurora.
- 5.7% of our total monthly checkins landed into mozilla-aurora. This is an increase over previous months, and I suspect is caused by the number of b2g changes being landed into aurora.
- 2.6% of our total monthly checkins landed into mozilla-beta.
(Standard disclaimer: I’m always glad whenever we catch a problem *before* we ship a release; it avoids us having to do a chemspill release and also we ship better code to our Firefox users in the first place.)
misc other details: