- #checkins-per-month: We had 5,315 checkins in September2012, a drop from August.
- #checkins-per-day: We had a new record of 315 checkins in one day (25sep). Thats a checkin every 4.5mins for 24 hours. This is a significant jump above our previous record of 284 checkins per day. During September, 16-of-30 days had over 200 checkins-per-day, but it looks like beginning of September was quieter than end of September. Not sure if this is because of vacations at the start of the month, or because of B2G deadlines at the end of September… or a combination of both?!
- #checkins-per-hour: The per-hour peak across this month was slightly down, at “only” 11.3 checkins per hour.
Ratios of checkins remain consistent. mozilla-inbound continues to be heavily used as an integration branch, with 24.1% of all checkins, far more then the other integration branches fx-team (1.5% of checkins) or mozilla-central (2.8% of checkins). As usual, very few people land directly on mozilla-central – in fact more people go through approval process to land on mozilla-aurora.
- 3.3% of our total monthly checkins landed into mozilla-aurora.
- 2.2% of our total monthly checkins landed into mozilla-beta.
(Standard disclaimer: I’m always glad whenever we catch a problem *before* we ship a release; it avoids us having to do a chemspill release and also we ship better code to our Firefox users in the first place.)
misc other details: